Monday, April 27, 2009

My Mother's Comments on My Reading Habits


After requesting for my mother to comment on my Reading Habits(you can find it on my blog here),she felt that she knew I would love reading after exposing me to all kinds of books when I was a innocent little child.She felt that my reading habits developed because of this main factor:constantly exposing me to storybooks.According to my mother,she knew that I loved fantasy and adventure storybooks from the very beginning.How is this possible?She knew it when I was at a tender.young age of 2 years old.Once,my mother said that she gave me 2 books,one with colourful pictures of happy and happy dragons while the other one contained picture of an apple with a delightful smile on its shiny red outer "covering".After minutes of careful observation on me (I could not remember anything as I was too young!),she said the 2 year old baby was constantly slapping the colourful graphic pictures of happy robots and dragons,a grin formed on my then chubby face.According to my mother,she also added that I did not glance at the book with the smiling apple afterwards,leaving the Apple book to lie forlornly in a corner.Instead,I continued to admire the beautifully illustrated pictures in awe,with wide opened eyes.This gave my mother a mentality instantaneously:When I grow up,I would concentrate my reading on fantasy and adventure storybooks.Her predictions were true as time flew past as I started to pick up more storybooks to fulfill my utter curiosity.She was delighted I had picked up reading as she feels that reading not only improves one's level of language,it also transports readers into another different world of fantasy and imagination,giving a reader to let their hair down from a hectic work or study schedule.It was like killing two birds with one stone.She felt that reading brings countless benefits to a reader and she felt that that was what had happened to me.

I was gals I had picked up reading.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry Mr Spelmer that I accidentally put "gals" at the last sentence instead of "happy".It was because of the spell check that the computer gave me similar meanings of the word to me and I had accidentally picked "Gals".I apologise fo that mistake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can edit your entry, even now. I read it as "glad" anyway. I certainly agree with your mom on how important reading is. Make sure you thank her for getting you started young!

    ReplyDelete