Friday, March 6, 2009

My experience of maintaining a blog


A blog.Those two words rang incessantly like an imaginary ice cream bell in my head.In primary school,most of my friends had blogs.I thought having a blog was a waste of precious time and effort but after entering Hwa Chong Institution,I had no choice but to create a blog.In the very beginning,I,again having the mentality of a Primary 6 student,thought that it was a waste of time and effort to maintain a blog and the thought of risks of maintaining blogs pervaded my train of thoughts,causing me to have a huge desire and certainty of taking down my blog.I simply thought:Why should we write our own views and thoughts on certain matters when we can just voice them out?However after having a blog,I found out that a blog was a good platform to voice out thoughts as most of the minute details of our views will be placed on the blog,unlike voicing them out as we may overlook them.I like blogging as it not only helps me to improve my writing skills,it is also a great aid in comprehending English passages with better and more precise understanding.However,I also dislike blogging(Nothing in this world is perfect!) because of me having difficulty in signing into my Blogger account and moreover,I am increasingly frustrated because of the lack of user-friendly icons on blog accounts to guide a "Computer Illiterate" like me.Having a electronic bookshelf tied to my blog is absolutely a excellent idea.I can share the books I read on my blog,allowing them to comment on the books I have read too.I can also gain satisfaction on the number of books I have read over the years.(P.SMy electronic bookshelf is not updated yet!) I am currently reading the science fi ction novel"STAR WARS THE FORCE UNLEASHED)http://weread.com/profile/Gary/E3F2DAEC-BCE1-482A-A227-24E066DAFAA3?con_sandbox=booksiread&container_type=booksiread

No comments:

Post a Comment