Sunday, March 22, 2009

Naturalistic:Philip Malloy,Nothing But The Truth

Arghhhh!How I wished I could experience the refreshing yet cooling sensation of running in the gentle breeze endlessly.Oh,how I wished to compete in running events,the crowd cheering me on with utter enthusiasm and my parents beaming at me proudly,saying:"That is my son Philip!" However,this was not what had happened in reality,the real world.The only thing I could see was my legs striding across the terrain,running,running,running.I feel.......how should I say it....desolate,lonely.All my friends detest me,keeps me at arm's length,all they do is ignore me and try to avoid me whenever possible!My parents.....they are not even responsible,all they do is dump me in Washington Academy(IT DOES NOT HAVE A TRACK TEAM!)and get on with their daily,hectic work schedule.It was as if me being born into this wonderful world was just another burden to them!Arghhh..I...I don't even love them anymore!Wait,wait,why didn't I think of that?A brilliant thought lit up my mind:RUN AWAY FROM HOME!That's the best and ideal solution to the current problems I face.Hmmm.....running away in my country is not a very outstanding nor fantastic idea,for starters,there would be many eye witnesses and my parents could just inform the police,telling then I was still in USA!No way I could outrun a team of highly trained ,professional personnel!That idea is not good at all!Hey,I know:Just run away from USA!Travel to another country without my parents knowing and there would be a lower chance of me being spotted there as no one knows me,not even identify me!YES,Philip,you are a genius!Me running away from my own problems would cause people to eventually forget them!2 years later,everybody would probably think:Hey,who is that boy who created such a commotion by singing 'The Star-Spangled Banner"?Anyway,I need to find a country with suitable conditions for me to run everyday in order to revitalize my running career.It would need to have warm climate for me to run daily,a low cost of living,plentiful of jobs and someplace relatively remote so that I cannot be easily found.This would be paradise for me!I would be able to revitalize my running career and all my problems would be solved!It is like "Killing two birds with one stone!"Let's see,how about Switzerland?No,no it is freezing cold there and the cost of living is pretty high because their currency used is Euros.How about Egypt?Nah,it is remote but it would be scorching hot there,not a good condition for me to train there.Hmmm....maybe some country in Asia.How about Singapore?Heard from lots of people from USA that's it is a wonderful country with clean environment,it is a safe city to live in and moreover,it has a tropical climate,it is summer 365 days constantly!The food there is charged at cheap and affordable prices,a Chicken Cutlet sold at a food center costs only 3.5 US dollars,which is much cheaper compared to the 9.95 US dollars chicken cutlet sold in USA!I did my research before on Singapore and I found out that there are plenty of apartments for me to rent and constant job opportunities for me to grab.Nobody,not my family members,my so called"FRIENDS" nor my teachers would ever discover that I had escaped to Singapore in Southeast Asia,which is on the opposite side of the Earth from the United States!Singapore,here I come!Yes, in the wee hours of the morning,I would pack my belongings,take my passport,grab the US 10000 dollars my father keeps in the safe,book a flight ticket and a taxi for me to be ferried to the airport and by daylight,I would be gone!All I got to do is plan carefully now......

1 comment:

  1. And maybe wake up from this dream! It's all too good with the money, plans, Singapore....but I like it. Who would of thought some kid from the USA could even imagine running off to Singapore. Good choice.9/10

    ReplyDelete